Monday 21 May 2012

Audio files and final edits

I had great fun recording my friends for this animation, as well as toast noises. I also used a few sound effects from freesound.com (bees buzzing and a cartoon falling noise)

I didn't want the animation to be too serious even though it was factual. Therefore the intro and outro are quite light hearted. It has a quirky feel to it, and I'm quite happy with this. 


In order to add audio to the animation I had to import the movie into Adobe premier Pro. I'm familiar with this software so there wasn't too much of a panic there. It's great to work with actually because you can easily cut up sections of audio and video and move them around freely. You can also layer audio files over one another, therefore I was able to add backing tracks, and sound effects to the narrative. I was also able to easily edit the time stretches and volume of each audio file to make the whole animation more cohesive. 


I did have to make a few extra scenes in order to allow for my audio to fit better with the visuals. I had too much to say and not enough material to cover it. 

Found the audio gain which allowed me to edit the volume of each section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment