Friday 11 May 2012

Background edits

The wallpaper background I was using (see below) was too harsh. So I painted a few colour washes, choosing purples because this would contrast nicely with the yellow and green objects within the kitchen. 

The wood was too harsh in this one. The background needed to be subtle so I washed it out a bit in photoshop. You can see how it looks less over bearing in the screen shots of my after effects images below. 


Also tried a more pinky/purple background, but the violet looked far better. 




This scene zooms into the honey pot to coincide with my narrative and then pans across to the bee hive. The hole in the bee hive is zoomed in upon. To create the illusion of approaching the hole once the white of the hive covered the screen I places a black circle over the hole and had it expand. However the edges were too crisp and after asking a peer she suggested blurring the edges. This looked far more effective and graphically matched the hole in the hive far more successfully. 

The original circle

Blurring the edges


Looked much less harsh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment