Tuesday 8 May 2012

Backgrounds and scenery

Created a few more props and scenery for the animation and scanned them in. These pieces will all fit together to create a kitchen scene and will hopefully work along side my narration. They look much better photographed than in person so I think in terms of the animation, visually it's going to fit together quite well on screen.


Creating the basic shape for background trees on the reverse of the paper.


Just seeing how it looks against the intended blue backdrop. I will tweak the colours a bit in photoshop.



Making stems and leaves.


Decided to make flowers by layering different coloured papers.


I quite like the result. The paper had been coloured using inks, brush strokes are visible and I quite like the look of this on my flowers.


All the pieces together



Decided to add more detail to the leaves with a different shade of green. The beauty of paper cut out is that you can make intricate details, though these are quite simple shapes.



Creating a tiny bee for the honey pot, it was quite fiddly actually.





Seeing how it looks against a blue background, but in actual fact I think it will sit against a wall paper effect instead.


Not a set font, curvy lettering trailing behind the bee, sort of like a bee line. 


Tried another approach for making flowers, just for a bit of variation. The beauty of after effects is that I can repeat and image over and over so I could create a whole field of flowers with no problem. 



Like the leaves, decided to add more detail to the developmental stages of the egg/larvae/pupae.


Creating a table

Cut out loads of thin strips of green to make a checker board sort of pattern. I later cut this to make a table cloth and curtain. 




Layering papers to make a bee box. Glue got on the image, but I don't think I will clean up the blemish on the computer, bee boxes are never pristine are they?



No comments:

Post a Comment