Thursday 10 May 2012

Creating a kitchen

Components:

  • Sky background
  • Bushes
  • Bee Hive
  • Window Frame
  • Curtain ( decided to keep the sketch book holes visible because I like the idea that this animation isn't trying to hide that it's made from cut up pieces of paper)
  • Honey Pot
  • Table Cloth
  • Table Legs
  • Table Top
  • Wallpaper Background



Screen shot of the kitchen. However I feel the wall paper background is far too over powering. I love pattern but I think this sort of approach is best undertaken by Lauren Child, at least she does it well. 

Block colours and washes have been my previous approach for the other animation samples and its worked well so I'll make a few more or change the colours a bit in photoshop and see what looks best. What I really want to stand out is the honey pot. Therefore I'm thinking along the lines of colour theory, a nice purple would really make it stand out, I'll give it a go. 


Lauren Child uses texture and pattern but it's not too over bearing. The couch in this example allows for white space. The pattern of the wallpaper and the cushions though different work well together because  the colour schemes are harmonious. 

In comparison the wallpaper I have chosen above, though wonderfully retro, is bland compared to the charged colours of the greens in the curtains and tablecloth. Though I also don't want the background to be over powering, it has to be just that, a background....




No comments:

Post a Comment